Monday, May 12, 2014

made in nairobi

baskets from nairobibaskets from nairobibaskets from nairobi

These colorful baskets are handmade in Nairobi.
My sweet sister Marjan lives in Nairobi and brought some handmade bags, so I can sell them in the Netherlands.
The entire amount of money goes back to the creators in Kenya! It is 100% fairtrade for the creative women in Nairobi, who have made the gorgeous baskets.

I have an African basket like this and I love it!
My sister gave it to me as a Christmas present and it's my favorite bag eversince.
I use it all the time; when I go to work, to travel, to the beach and it's very useful as a shopping bag too.
The baskets are handwoven and have two leather handles. The handles are long enough to wear them over your shoulder.
The round bottom makes the bag very convenient to use and offers plenty of space.
All bags are unique and colorful.

The price is € 20,00 excluding shipping costs.

Meanwhile some bags are already sold. These 5 baskets are still available* and you can pick your favorite.

If you would like to purchase one of these African baskets, just send me an email: info@woodwoolstool.com

*PS: In the meantime (within 4 hours) ALL baskets are SOLD!

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Bought six similar bags at the Masaai Market. It was so cheap in 2002, more muted colours - made of banana leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ow wat jammer, ik ben te laat! Ik hoop dat je ze nog een x krijgt. Ik vind die met roze en blauw echt super!!! Groetjes Lisanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha! This post made me laugh!
    p.s. these bags are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you still have those bags? Red and khaki Please let me know Thank you

    ReplyDelete